Submitting Your App to the Mac App Store
Go Up to macOS Application Development
This topic explains the steps required to submit your applications to the Mac App Store, Apple’s store for macOS applications.
Before you can submit your application to the Mac App Store:
- Configure iTunes Connect to wait for you to upload your application package.
- Prepare your application for deployment. In order to meet all Mac App Store prerequisites so that they do not reject your application:
- On the Project > Options > Application page, make sure that you assign a 512×512 icon to your application.
- On the Project > Options > Application > Version Info page, make sure that
CFBundleIdentifieris the second part of your app ID, the bundle ID, which you can obtain from the iTunes Connect application entry that you previously configured. For example:
- Build a sandboxed application package that you can upload to the store.
Submitting Your Application
The Transporter application is the latest tool available for uploading your iOS and macOS application binaries to the App Store Connect for distribution on the App Store.
- Download the Transporter app from the Mac App Store.
- Read about adding your application binary in the Transporter application, validating it against Apple's specifications and also read how to deliver it to the App Store Connect, here.
- Configuring an Application Entry on iTunes Connect to Wait for Upload
- Preparing a macOS Application for Deployment
- Sandboxing Your macOS Application
- Submitting to the Mac App Store
- Checklist: Distribute your apps on the Mac App Store
- Submitting Your App to the App Store (iOS)
- Upload your app binary files using altool