Automated Error Detection and Coding Aid Features
Go Up to Using the SQL Editor
Code is analyzed as you add content to an ISQL editor session and offers the following automated features:
- Syntax Checking: Automatically flag syntactical errors in your scripts.
- Semantic Validation: Detect object name references to objects not present in the datasource index.
- Code Complete: Insert or replace object names, selected from suggestion lists, as you edit a script.
- Hyperlink Object Actions: Invoke common object operations such as Open and Extract, as well as object type-specific operations, from object names referenced in a script.
- Paste SQL Syntax: Paste syntax for SQL statements, system functions calls, and other commonly used elements into an SQL Editor.
- Paste SQL Statements: Generate and paste complete SELECT, INSERT, DELETE, UPDATE or EXEC statements or function call syntax into an SQL Editor.
- Using Auto Replace Expressions: Create short text representations of larger text strings that can be used to quickly add the larger string to a script.
- Toggling Display of the Error Pane: View details on errors.
- ISQL Performance: Provides information and statistics about SQL statements and tables in the SQL editor. ISQL Performance provides recommendations to improve the performance of the system.