10.3 Rio - Release 3
Updated RAD Studio 10.3 Rio release available (November 21st, 2019).
RAD Studio 10.3 Rio - Release 3 (also known as 10.3.3), is available for installation. 10.3.3 builds on the feature set of 10.3, 10.3.1 and 10.3.2 by adding new capabilities throughout the product. Delphi 10.3.3, C++Builder 10.3.3 and RAD Studio 10.3.3 are available to download to any active Update Subscription customer.
If you have already installed 10.3 Rio (November 22nd, 2018), 10.3 Rio - Release 1 (February 14th, 2019) or 10.3 Rio - Release 2 (July 18th, 2019), installing 10.3 Rio - Release 3 requires a full uninstall and reinstall. As part of the uninstall process, you will see an option for preserving your settings. Separately, you can also preserve settings with Settings Migration Tool.
10.3 Rio - Release 3 includes the following new features, enhancements, and quality improvements:
New features in 10.3.3
Delphi Android 64-bit support
New in 10.3.3 is Android 64-bit application support for Delphi. Build Google Play Store ready Android 64-bit applications, complete with Android App Bundle support. Reach a large customer base of Android users with Delphi 10.3.3.
- A new Delphi compiler for the Android 64-bit platform, based on the LLVM compiler infrastructure. This compiler is feature-compatible with the Android 32-bit compiler and it has support for the ARC memory model like all other Delphi mobile platform compilers (iOS 32- and 64-bit, and Android 32-bit).
- Extensive RTL support including core file system access, platform integration, memory and threads management, but also HTTP and REST client libraries, the Parallel Programming Library, and more.
- Complete support for the FireMonkey library and all FireMonkey controls previously available on the Android 32-bit platform.
- Support for the database RTL and the FireDAC client access library, with support for the same databases previously available on the Android 32-bit platform.
- Improvements in FMX support for the Android platform, for both 64-bit and 32-bit apps
- InterBase support for Delphi Android 64-bit. Target Android 64-bit with embedded InterBase (IBLite and IBToGo)
iOS 13 and macOS Catalina (Delphi) Support
New in 10.3.3 is support for targeting the iOS 13 App Store (for Delphi and C++Builder) and macOS Catalina (Delphi only). Build App Store ready iOS 13 mobile applications, complete with Dark Theme support. Target the macOS App Store with 64-bit macOS Catalina Delphi apps, complete with notarization support.
Ready-to-use Docker Image: In 10.3.3, we provide a pre-built Docker image for RAD Server on Linux, hosted on Docker Hub. This greatly simplifies the deployment of RAD Server to production in Docker.
Enterprise Connectors in Enterprise & Architect Edition
Included is a 1 year subscription license to Enterprise Connectors. Enterprise Connectors, powered by CData, make connecting to any application as easy as connecting to a database. Take advantage of 70+ sources (a $999 value), as part of your Enterprise and Architect edition purchase (also available to customers on Subscription).
- Move, integrate, and analyze data with ease utilizing our FireDAC Enterprise Connectors. These unparalleled components allow you to integrate 70+ Enterprise applications, simplifying connectivity into a standard model using SQL.
- Included are components for QuickBooks Desktop, MailChimp, Salesforce, YouTube, SugarCRM, Jira, SurveyMonkey, Amazon DynamoDB, Couchbase, PayPal, eBay, Google Sheets, Facebook, Twitter, Slack, Dropbox and more.
Customers with a current Enterprise or Architect subscription can claim their Enterprise Connector key here
Key Fixes & Notable Enhancements
- App Tethering: Improved stability and system error message handling and enhanced product samples
- Many quality fixes in the STL, RTL, and compiler, especially for Windows 64-bit
- IDE Font and Font Size Setting support. Bringing back a newer and better version of a pre-10.3 feature, the font and font size for the IDE’s main window, including dockable windows, such as the Projects view, Object Inspector, Structure, etc. can now be defined through editing the registry.
- Editor tabs now indicate modified status, drawing a dot on the editor tab
- Welcome Page enhancements: there is now a shortcut to create a new VCL app, just like the existing one for FMX; improvements to layout; and some new icons.
- Several fixes around IDE resizing, minimizing and maximizing, and the title bar controls
- A number of fixes around editor tabs, including visual fixes; displaying items on the context menu when right-clicking on a tab; and (referring to the view tabs in the lower right corner showing, for example, Code and Design) the view tab bar is hidden when there is only one view, ie is not shown when you cannot toggle between multiple views
- A number of fixes for the IDE styling, including the Debug Inspector and the code completion window. The code completion window now always uses the editor syntax highlighting colors, including for a selected item, not IDE theme colors; a number of visual glitches were also resolved
- Delphi Compiler and Runtime Library
- Compiler fixes for different platforms (Windows and macOS in particular)
- Several macOS 64-bit RTTI-related improvements
- General RTL performance improvements (including TObject.CleanupInstance)
- Improved support for editing, virtual keyboard, and IME for iOS 13
- Push notification improvements
- Support for Android 10, including specific improvements for the splash screen
- Fixes for the Camera component and related action
- Improvements in notarization support for macOS 64-bit Delphi applications
- FireDAC & Database
- Improvements in master/details and BLOBs management
- FireDAC drivers improvements for PostgreSQL (with several fixes), but also SQLite, DB2, and Oracle
- Selected fixes in older database libraries including ADO, ClientDataSet and DBX
- Web Clients
- HTTP Client library improvements (Connection Timeout support)
- A number of quality enhancements, notably including an issue debugging const strings for Delphi on Win64
- A large number of improvements for C++, including an issue debugging fields of VCL classes, plus improvements to the debug information generated in a number of areas allowing more accurate debugging of variables and parameters
This release also includes quality improvements over 180 customer-reported issues. For a complete list of features and quality improvements, click here.
10.3 Rio - Release 3 also includes the following 10.3.2 Rio patches and hotfixes:
- 10.3.2 macOS Debugging Patch (released on August 8th, 2019)
- Studio 10.3.2 Runtime Packages Compatibility Patch (released on August 8th, 2019)
- and Delphi 10.3.2 Building Changed Files Patch (released on August 13th, 2019)
- Studio C++ and Delphi Toolchain Patch (released on August 13th, 2019)
- Studio 10.3.2 C++ Debugging Patch (released September 25th, 2019)
RAD Studio Rio 10.3 - Release 3, is available as an installer (Feature Installer) and as an ISO (Offline Installer) from the registered users web page.
The installers are available for download on the following registered users download pages:
- RAD Studio: https://cc.embarcadero.com/reg/rad_studio
- Delphi Rio: https://cc.embarcadero.com/reg/delphi
- C++ Builder Rio: https://cc.embarcadero.com/reg/c_builder
To preserve your existing installation settings, it is recommended to install 10.3 Rio - Release 3, using the same installer (Offline Installer or Feature Installer) you used when installing 10.3 Rio. To determine which installer you used, verify if the IDE shows the Manage Platforms option under the Tools menu. If the menu item is available it means you used the Feature Installer.