What's New in InterBase 2020 Update 3
Go Up to Main Page
InterBase 2020 Update 3 includes enhancements and bug fixes.
See the following sections for more information:
This release doesn’t include new features.
InterBase Manager (IBMgr on Windows)
InterBase 2020 Update 3 introduces the following enhancements to InterBase Manager:
- HighDPI support and UI improvements.
- You can now view Server and Guardian properties when InterBase runs as a Windows Service.
- Added ADO.NET and Change Views support, for more information on ADO.NET and Change Views refer to the ADO.NET documentation, read the blog post, you can get ADO.NET drivers from nuget
STARTING WITH and LIKE
- Expression Index can now be used to optimize query filters using STARTING WITH and LIKE predicates matching input expressions.
- The Object window, and WISQL windows, now execute SELECT statements in precommitted reads so they don't stick the OIT/OAT (transaction) in the database. Thus normal GC and sweep of obsolete versions will not be held back.
- InterBase 2020 Update 3 is also certified for use on Windows 11 and Windows Server 2022.
See Resolved Defects for a list of bug fixes in InterBase 2020 Update 3.
For system requirements to install and run InterBase, see System Requirements/Prerequisites.