Working with Queries
Go Up to Developer's Guide
This chapter describes the
TIBQuery dataset components which enable you to use SQL statements to access data. It assumes you are familiar with the general discussion of datasets and data sources in Understanding Datasets.
A query component encapsulates an SQL statement that is used in a client application to retrieve, insert, update, and delete data from one or more database tables. Query components can be used with remote database servers and with ODBC-compliant databases.
- Queries for desktop developers
- Queries for server developers
- When to use TIBDataSet, TIBQuery, and TIBSQL
- Using a query component: an overview
- Specifying the SQL statement to execute
- Setting parameters
- Executing a query
- Preparing a query
- Unpreparing a query to release resources
- Improving query performance
- Working with result sets