Adding a Toolbar Using the Toolbar Component
Go Up to Designing Toolbars and Cool Bars
The toolbar component (TToolBar) offers button management and display features that panel components do not.
To add a toolbar to a form using the toolbar component
- Add a toolbar component to the form (from the Win32/Common Controls category of the Tool palette). The toolbar automatically aligns to the top of the form.
- Add tool buttons or other controls to the bar.
Tool buttons are designed to work on toolbar components. Like speed buttons, tool buttons can:
- Act like regular pushbuttons.
- Toggle on and off when clicked.
- Act like a set of radio buttons.
To implement tool buttons on a toolbar, do the following:
- Adding a Tool Button
- Assigning Images to Tool Buttons
- Setting Tool Button Appearance and Initial Conditions
- Creating Groups of Tool Buttons
- Allowing Toggled Tool Buttons