Creating a Keystore File
Go Up to Completing the Provisioning Page
In order to submit your tested and debugged Android app to an app store such as Google Play, you need to create a keystore file, which code signs your app.
To create a new keystore file with one or more certificates that you can use to sign Android applications:
- Open the Create a new Keystore/Alias wizard:
- Select Tools > Options > Environment Options > Provisioning.
- In the Build Type field, select the Android - Application Store build type.
- Click New Keystore.
- On the New keystore information page, enter the data about your new keystore file:
- In File, click the ellipsis (...) button and select the path where you want to store your new keystore file.
- Enter in Password and Confirm Password a password to protect your new keystore file.
- Click Next to continue.
- On the New key alias information page, enter the data about a new certificate to add to your new keystore file:
- In Alias, enter a name that uniquely identifies your new certificate within your new keystore file. For example: "foo".
- Enter in Password and Confirm Password a password to protect your new certificate.
- Optionally, change the value in Validity (days) and fill the remaining fields.
- Click Finish to generate your new keystore file.
RAD Studio automatically fills the required fields of the Provisioning page with the data of your new keystore file and certificate.