Go Up to Developing Database Applications
RAD Studio provides full support for InterBase 2020 databases. InterBase 2020 is installed with RAD Studio in the following directory:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\22.0\InterBase2020.
If you want to use InterBase 2020 databases, you need to have:
- The latest client version of InterBase (When you install RAD Studio, the correct client version of InterBase 2020 is automatically installed, unless you specifically deselect InterBase 2020.)
- An x64 machine for the new platform support (if you want to use 64-bit).
The 64-bit edition can be installed only on the following operating systems:
- Microsoft Windows 10
- Microsoft Windows 8.1
- Microsoft Windows 7
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- macOS El Capitan 10.11
- macOS Sierra 10.12
- macOS High Sierra 10.13
- macOS Mojave 10.14
- macOS Catalina 10.15
Starting the InterBase Server
- Choose Start | Programs | Embarcadero InterBase 2020 | 64-bit/32-bit instance = gds_db | InterBase Server Manager [instance = gds_db]
- On the InterBase 2020 64 Server Manager, start the InterBase server if it is not running.
RAD Studio Support for InterBase
Integrated licensing for InterBase 2020
InterBase 2020 Developer Edition is installed with RAD Studio (does not apply to the Starter edition) and included in RAD Studio integrated license. InterBase 2020 ToGo does not have to be installed on any server or end-user workstation and it has two licensing options for deployment: ToGo and IBLite. This feature makes it easier for developers to create C++Builder and Delphi InterBase applications using RAD Studio.
What's new in InterBase 2020?
For details, InterBase 2020 Readme is available here
For more details on InterBase 2020 new features, see InterBase 2020
- Developing Database Applications Index
- InterBase Videos
- Tutorial: Using an InterBase Database in a Delphi or C++ Application
- Tutorial: Using InterBase Express to Access a Database
- InterBase Database Encryption
- IBLite and IBToGo Deployment Licensing
- InterBase XE7 Readme, available in the product installation directory, inside the folder \InterbaseXE7\Doc.
- FireDAC InterBase sample