Go Up to Admin Quick Start
Getting AppWave Up and RunningTake the following steps to deploy the AppWave Enterprise Store (AppWave) for your organization.
- Download the AppWave installation file from: https://downloads.embarcadero.com/free/AppWave
- Sign-in with your EDN (Embarcadero Developer Network) account or register to get one. All the fields are required.
- The download includes all three AppWave components:
- AppWave: Your own private PC App Store: a centralized repository of your PC Apps, that controls user access, houses App metadata, supports usage reporting, etc.
- AppWave Studio: The authoring tool that lets you turn PC Windows applications into AppWave Apps. Note: Access to the Studio requires special permission from an Administrator.
- AppWave Browser: A dedicated App browser that provides a window into your private storefront, that lets you search, rate, review, and run AppWave Apps.
- Double-click the file to start the installation.
- A wizard guides you through the installation process:
- Panel One - Accepts the terms of the license agreement.
- Panel Two - Select the installation option: Default Installation by default.
- Panel Three - Review rge pre-installation summary and start the installation.
- Panel Four - This panel tracks the process of the installation.
- Panel Five: Install complete.
- Note: If you change the installation option to Custom Installation more panels appear to choose the installation folder, the location for the application repository and the AppWave ports.
- Accept the EULA (End User License Agreement)
- Now you can access
http://<servername>/aaserver/welcome.spgto administrate your AppWave. Go to Admin User Guide to get more details about the configuration options.
- Note: You can access the same functionality in the Admin tab of the AppWave Browser.
- The users can download the browser from
Advance to Next Topic
- See the AppWave Readme for System Requirements and other last minute updates