Enabling EUA and Performing Encryption When Creating a New Database
Go Up to Encrypting a Database with IBConsole
To enable EUA and perform encryption when creating a new database, do the following:
- Login to IBConsole as a SYSDBA or as a database owner.
- Click Databases > Create Database from the menu.
- In Create Database, click the browse button in the File field and the Specify Database Name dialog opens.
- In the Save In field, select the folder where you want to save the database.
- Specify a file name and click Save and the dialog closes.
- Change the value in the Embedded User Authentication field to Yes. The Use Encryption field is now visible.
- In the Use Encryption field, change the value to Yes, as shown in the figure:
- Click OK to create the database.
- Click OK to create the database.The dialog closes and the Database Connect dialog opens.
- Enter your connection information and click Connect.
- The database is created and the Encryption Wizard opens.
- After reading the page, click Next.
- In Step 1, type the SYSDSO Password and click Next.
- In Step 2, create and confirm a System Encryption Password (SEP) and then click Next.
- In Step 3, type a name for the Encryption Key in the Encryption Name field. Change the fields in the Options section as desired.
- You can specify any name for the encryption key.
- The encryption key used to encrypt a backup needs to be password-protected. You can create a key without a password, but that will cause problems if that key is used at the time of backup.
- It is recommended that you select the Default Key check-box. However it is not required.
- In this example DES is used as Cipher because it is free.
- In Step 4, create a password-protected key and then click OK.