Upgrade Notes for ER/Studio Team Server
These Upgrade Notes provide important information regarding the process of upgrading to Embarcadero Team Server 4.0 from a previous versions.
Regardless of the process that you must follow to back up your licenses, which depends on the previous version that you are upgrading from and other factors, after you restore your licenses in your new ER/Studio Team Server 4.0 installation, you must log in as a super user and use the Manage Users page to assign different types of available licenses to your users.
Note: Files saved in later versions of ER Studio Data Architect may not work with ER/Studio Team Server if they use new features. For example, if you use SQL Server 2014 for your Physical Model in ER Studio DA 9.7, you will need to update to the corresponding version of ER/Studio Team Server for those files to synchronize.
Upgrading from Embarcadero CONNECT 3.0.x
If your previous installation is CONNECT 3.0.x, the installation with automatically detect an upgrade to ER/Studio Team Server.
We always recommend backing up your data before starting the process. You may have to back up your database, Repository database and export your Glossaries and Terms. We also recommend that you back up any licenses. To do this, please follow the steps in Upgrading from ER/Studio Portal 2.0.x.
Upgrading from ER/Studio Portal 2.0.x
If your previous installation is ER/Studio Portal 2.x, you will need to back up your licenses manually.
Make a copy of the license files, for example: license.txt, ao_12345678.txt or .slip until the upgrade has completed. Then copy to the license folder in the installation directory of the new ER/Studio Team Server installation folder.
Depending on your installation location, you can find the license file in the program directory. For example:
- C:\Embarcadero\ERStudio Portal 2.0\license
If you have previously used the uninstaller, you may also have a license backup in the following location:
- 32-bit Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\ersEnterprisePortalBackup\license
- 64-bit Windows: C:\Program Files\Common Files\ersEnterprisePortalBackup\license
- If you have installed ER/Studio Portal 2.0.x on one computer and now want to install ER/Studio Team Server on a different computer, there is no license to back up, so you must use the license file from the previous installation. Copy the license\license.txt file from the previous installation folder into the new ER/Studio Team Server installation folder.
After copying over the license.txt file to the license folder within the installation folder of ER/Studio Team Server, log in to ER/Studio Team Server as a super user, select My Settings > Admin > Licenses and click Refresh for ER/Studio Team Server to recognize your licenses.
Upgrading from ER/Studio Portal 1.6.x
ER/Studio Portal 1.6.x uses two databases, the solution and the reporting repositories. Because of this, you need to follow these steps to upgrade to ER/Studio Team Server:
- Consolidate the two databases:
- Stop the Tomcat service and run the 1.6.x Portal Configuration Manager.
- Select the Solution Database tab.
- Change the connection information to match that of the Reporting database.
- Select Initialize Existing Database and click Apply.
- Click OK. The Solution tables will be placed into the Reporting database.
- Restart the Tomcat service.
- Log in to the Portal and make sure that everything works correctly.
- Uninstall Portal 1.6.x.
- Install ER/Studio Team Server.
- When prompted to specify the Reporting Database information, specify the connection information, select Connect to Existing Database, and click Next. You are prompted to specify the Solution database information. It should default to the Reporting database.
- Specify the password for the Reporting database and click Next.
- Finish the installation.
- After installing ER/Studio Team Server, synchronize ER/Studio Team Server with the ER/Studio Repository database to ensure that it is up to date.