Quick Start Guide:Add Native Installer to AppWave Browser
Go Up to Studio Quick Start
This allows you to add a Native Installer to the AppWave Catalog with the required metadata. This function delivers software that cannot be easily mastered. Some examples of this are: Native 64-bit, printer drivers, and software establishing Windows services.
It can also distribute data and media content packaged up as installers. Examples of this type of content would be: data models, training materials and manuals, and data sets.
- On the Start page click or select Add Native Installer to AppWave Catalog. The Select Folders and Installer File to Include opens.
- Enter an initial folder name and then browse to the installer launch executable. The install command is an executable string that installs the application.
- Note: The "Command Line" value indicates how to launch the file and the value is the trigger to run a specific command.
- Note: The un-install key is entered later in the mastering process.
- Click OK and the Create Installer dialog opens. Click Finished once the creation process is completed.
- The Launch & Brand page opens. There may be a number of Tasks that must be completed. Each required field is marked with a warning icon . The following fields are required: Launch Executable, Working Folder, Product Name, Product Version, Publisher.
- Click Next and then click the Installer tab on the Configure you App page.
- The Select installer launch executable field is automatically populated.
- Provide an un-install registration key. This key identifies the registry location that contains the application’s uninstall information. This is a required field.
- Select Test to open the Master and Test your App page. The Output folder is already populated.
- Click and save the changes to your current working file. Note that the file extension is .tca. Once the file is saved the Master dialog opens. This is where the operation masters the installer.
- Click Finish and then advance to the Broadcast page.
- Click Broadcast and the Broadcast dialog opens. Once the broadcasting is complete a notification appears in the bottom right corner of the screen. This lets you know that your app is available.
- Note: A task appears asking you to do the Prefetch function. You do not have to do the “Prefetch” task when creating an installer.
- Click the Apps tab and note that the installed app is placed in your folder.
- Click Install and when the installation finishes check that program is registered (Control Panel\Programs and Features) and mark the app as Installed.
- Click run which then execute the entry point target.