Go Up to Admin User Guide
Understanding AppWave Apps
In addition to standard installation executable for all Embarcadero products, Embarcadero also provides AppWave App versions for many of our products. You can access instant trials here: www.embarcadero.com/downloads,
Instant trials run on AppWave. You need to install it the first time you run an App. You can see here the simple steps to get started: Getting Started
Benefits of using AppWave Apps:
- Provide click-and-run functionality for each product, to simplify deployment and enable side-by-side versioning of products.
- Ideal in locked-down desktop environments because they do not affect system files or system registry settings.
- Run within their own space without sharing DLLs or system-wide settings that could conflict with other applications. Application data, including configuration and license information, is stored locally on the hard disk, separate from the executable itself.
- The Apps run on the local machine and are launched from either the local hard drive or over the network using AppWave Browser.
- Provisioned and licensed by AppWave and then accessed using AppWave Browser. In this scenario, AppWave obtains software updates from Embarcadero servers and makes them available to the AppWave Browser user.
- Keep multiple machines updated with new versions. By keeping the AppWave version on a shared server, up to date, you will automatically gain access to the latest versions of the products.
- AppWave application streaming allows applications to open before they have been fully downloaded.
Application Management Topics
- Caching Apps on AppWave
- Browsing the App Catalog
- Update the Application Catalog
- Delete Cached Applications
- Recover an App in the Catalog
- Moderating Product Reviews
- Managing Catalog Banners
- Downloading Applications to Users